If you are ready to experience the unique thrill of riding your own motorcycle for the first time, this is your course. Mid Tennessee Motorcycle will teach you the basics of motorcycling beginning with motorcycle controls and work up to successful motorcycle operations including clutch, shifting, turning, and braking.
Successful completion of this two day course and its knowledge and skill tests, which consists of approximately five hours of classroom and 10 hours of on-cycle instruction (conducted over two sessions, Saturday and Sunday) waives the written and driving tests at the Tennessee DMV and earns your Class M Motorcycle License.
Motorcycles are provided for your use during the course. Also, a course completion card is provided to each student good for a motorcycle insurance discount as required by the State of Tennessee.
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone wondering if you would like to ride a motorcycle
- Anyone with little or no motorcycling experience who wants the best way to learn to ride a motorcycle
- Anyone who hasn’t ridden in a while but is ready to get back on the road
- Motorcycle passengers who are ready to move to the front seat and grab the handlebars
- Motorcyclists who already ride but need a refresher course and/or a motorcycle license
- Riders seeking to obtain their basic rider course completion cards in order to obtain an insurance discount as mandated by the State of Tennessee.
What is required to attend this course?
Your own DOT helmet, with either a shield or glasses. Due to COVID we cannot provide one at this time. You may purchase a helmet online at www.harley-davidson.com or Harley-Davidson of Columbia located at 1616 Harley-Davidson Boulevard, Columbia, Tennessee 38401
- A long sleeve shirt or jacket (dress according to the weather)
- Sturdy over the ankle shoes/boots (not canvas)
- Full fingered gloves
- Eye protection if your helmet doesn’t have a shield
- Ability to balance and ride on a bicycle
- Must be age 14 or older (14-year-olds won’t be able to get their license until their 15th birthday)
The time is now, the place is here!